In recent months I’ve been obsessed with getting proper bump map for shading. I couldn’t get the results I hoped for with any tool available in the market so I just decided to find better way of doing it. After developing initial workflow and getting some amazing results I was bombarded with questions. This tool and workflow is the answer to those who dared to ask: “How?”.
Support us by Buying Pro Version which costs only $39. Sample textures are included. Or enjoy limited free Lite version.
Above all, use this tool to push your shading and texturing to the next level.
From Dabarti with Love – Tomasz Wyszołmirski
- Capture set of photographs (minimum 3) from single point of view.
- Capture each shot with different light conditions. Directional light like flashlight works great.
- Make sure to have shiny spherical object in the shots for light calibration.
- Create mask for the spherical probe, call probe_mask.jpg . Check sample set that comes with installation.
- Process those photos with Dabarti Capture (capture.exe) to get Normal, Albedo and Depth map (displacement).
- Use those maps wisely by creating some kick-ass renders.