Over a year ago I got obsessed with getting proper bump map for shading. I couldn’t get the results I hoped for with any tool available in the market so I just decided to find better way of doing it. After developing initial workflow and getting some amazing results I released Dabarti Capture.
Indie license costs $99. Sample textures and data sets are included.
Enjoy this tool and try to push your shading and texturing to the next level.
From Dabarti with Love – Tomasz Wyszołmirski
- Take at least 3 shots of your subject from single point of view. More pictures generate better results.
- Place shiny spherical object in the shots for light calibration.
- Light your subject with strong flashlight and change position of the light for each shot.
- Copy all of the photos in single directory.
- Create mask for the spherical probe, call it probe_mask.jpg . Check example set that comes with installation. Make sure to use only full white and full black colors.
- Process those photos with Dabarti Capture (capture.exe) to get Normal, Albedo and Depth map (displacement).
- Use those maps wisely by creating some kick-ass renders.